For the second year, Digital Bolex is partnering with the Slamdance Film Festival to celebrate fearless filmmaking, and ten filmmakers from the Digital Bolex and Slamdance communities will be selected to have their film premiere at the 2016 Slamdance Film Festival!
As a Christmas treat, we’re extending the deadline for this year from 12/13 to 12/25!
We’re looking for shorts about artists, rebels, creation, rising above obstacles, and breaking boundaries. Films must be complete works (no test footage), but can be in any genre.
Last year’s showcase winner, Coming To, went on to play at nearly two dozen festivals.
- Films must be shot entirely on the Digital Bolex D16 or D16M cameras.
- Films must be no longer than 8 minutes long. The shorter the better.
- Films must be submitted via password-protected Vimeo link.
- Films must not have premiered or have been made available publicly prior to Feb 1, 2016. (This includes Vimeo/YouTube)
- Films must be complete, contained pieces.
- You must provide 5 print-resolution behind the scenes/promotional stills.
- You must provide 5 high-resolution stills from the film itself.
- You must have all proper clearances (performers, music).
- Films must not be excerpts of longer works.
Submit by 12/25 and get your shot at a festival premiere!